Magic beginner need help

Squeaky_Ninja avatarSqueaky_Ninja 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hello everyone reading this. I am just getting into magic gathering but no very little about anything. I thought would be similar to the Elder Scrolls Legends app I play but seems more complex. I been watching videos on you tube trying to understand the lingo and gameplay but will take time getting familiar with everything. For now I was hoping maybe I can get a few suggestions on purchasing some decent decks that I can at least practice with and feel good owning. If anyone out there would like to refer a few of the precon commander decks that would be awesome. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Most of the newer precon commander decks should be good starts. \n\nYou can find all of the precons in this user's decks: https://archidekt.com/u/Archidekt_Precons.\nIf you click view all decks it will be sorted by recency by default.\n\nPersonally, my favorite recent precon is the Explorers of the Deep precon from Lost Caverns of Ixalan, but I have heard good things about most of the decks in the past couple of years.\nIf you have options available, it probably doesn't hurt to just pick one that looks interesting to you.\n\nAlso, if you can still find a starter commander deck, those are usually a little bit cheaper than the standard commander releases and are still powerful enough to get you started, and then you can make a decision on a standard release commander deck with more knowledge later.\n"}]}
Rowan_K avatarRowan_K 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Explorers of the Deep is a solid recommendation. I always keep the raw unupgraded one so I have something to play with the newer players at the store. Of course my latest few projects have been around there as well but y'know. \nI've got half a mind to just play Kumena in the command zone, but Hakbal is pretty crazy too.\n"}]}
Squeaky_Ninja avatarSqueaky_Ninja 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. I was speaking to someone else and they mentioned most people only use cards released last couple years. Would it be wiser of me to purchase cards newer than older so not to be discontinued or no longer available to use? \n"}]}